Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Keiretsu Angel SF Expo: Photos and More



I attended (as a blogger) the Keiretsu Forum's SF Expo April 30 in my continuing effort to learn more about how efficiently (or inefficiently, as I suspect) entrepreneurs and early stage companies that have a positive effect on the environment head down the runway toward becoming functioning enterprises.

This spring expo event was the first time I'd been to a Keiretsu event and I have to admit I found it to be quite an exciting world. With the average Keiretsu member having net worth of $8 million, these angel investors can definitely vote with their pocketbooks to enable and empower leading edge companies to move forward.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Keiretsu Expo format, the event is a regional half day conference; this one took place at the PGE auditorium in downtown SF (across the street from Well Fargo's Wholesale Bank, where I used to work).

Investors hear pitches from 12 companies who are seeking investment. Before the pitches, the group heard from gubernatorial candidate (and current State Attorney General) Jerry Brown. I'll publish his remarks in a separate post and on Scribd.com.

I'll also post about the companies that I consider environmentally positive in a more detailed post.

Before I get around to the finer points of the content, enjoy these photos from the event which I posted on Flickr.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment